We’ve talked about the benefits of jailbreaking as well as the risks involved with it, so take a look before continuing since we’ll go over how to jailbreak without using a PC.
So, to proceed with the jailbreak procedure, we will need a tool called unc0ver. It is basic and straightforward to use.
Before downloading the Uncover for these versions, make sure your device is compatible. If your device appears in the list below, you can use unc0ver to jailbreak it.
Some device support depends on the iOS versions.
- Below all devices support iOS 11- iOS 14.3.
- iOS 14.4 – iOS 14.5.1 supports only for A12 – A14
- iOS 14.6 – iOS 14.8 supports only for A12/A13 iPhones.
iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone11, iPhone 11 pro, iPhone 11 pro max, iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s,12.9 iPad Pro (2nd gen.12.9) iPad Pro, 1st gen.10.5 iPad Pro, 9.7 iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad,5th gen, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, 3rd gen 2018 iPad Pro models & iPod touch 6G
There are a variety of ways to go about the jailbreak process, but today we’ll focus on the online method. It’s important to note that some steps will require PCs and Macs, but this post will just cover the online method.
Jailbreaking; The online method.
- Download the Unc0ver app to your device. Make sure to visit this page from your device Safari browser.
- Now you have to trust the Uncover developer profile. Go to Settings > General > Profile > Trust.
- It is better if you can enable Airplane mode, disable Siri / touch ID and restart your device before starting the jailbreak;Make sure you are connected to the internet while at it.
- Open the Unc0ver app, which is available on your device’s Homescreen. Tap the Jailbreak button.
- It will restart your device twice during the jailbreak process after completing the jailbreak process, which you will have to click okay to proceed.
Finally, your device will have Cydia; Enjoy! your iOS device is now jailbroken! You can Install the desired tweaks and jailbreak packages.
It is important to note that the jailbreak process isn’t always successful on the first try. You are encouraged to give it another try.