If you are a student or an immigrant that is looking for a part-time job in Canada that pays well, then you should most definitely apply for call centre jobs in Canada. This job is in high demand, as there are over 6,000 job openings for call centre workers across Canada.
Call centre workers are individuals who are responsible for responding to questions, building customer relationships, and resolving customer problems. They do this over the phone or through other electronic communication. They also provide information about company policies, products, and services.
Responsibilities of Call Center Workers
- Provides the first point of contact to potential residential and commercial, new and existing customers, by providing needed information to make an informed decision.
- Obtain and process the information required to serve customers and solve problems.
- effectively handles all customer complaints received via phone, email, chat, etc. and, where follow-up is required, forwards them for appropriate operations actions.
- investigate customer complaints and arrange for refunds, exchanges, or credit.
- Provide information about services, legislation, policies, or products.
Requirements for Call Center Jobs
- Applicants must be fluent in French or English (if you are fluent in both, it gives you an upper hand).
- Applicants should be eligible to work in Canada.
- Applicants should have great organisation and multitasking skills.
- Applicants should have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants should have good communication skills.
- Applicants should have strong emotional resilience.
- Applicants should have the ability to think quickly in order to respond to customers on time.
- Applicants with six months or more of customer service experience have high chances of being employed.
- Applicants should be computer literate.
- Applicants showed a willingness to learn and unlearn as training might be offered.
A call centre worker earns an average of $18 per hour for an entry-level job. In a year, they can earn $35,000–$50,000, depending on the company they work for and the position held.
Click here to apply for a call center job in Canada