As an immigrant thinking of moving and always trying to help people with there chores, you should consider working as a housekeeper in Canada, as the job is flexible and workers can also have the opportunity to have multiple jobs at a time. There are over 2500 job openings for housekeepers across Canada, and applicants can get a job without a degree or previous work experience.
Housekeeping is one of the most in-demand jobs in Canada, and many organisations provide visa sponsorships for their employees.
A house keeper is a service industry worker who maintains sanitation and organisation in a home. Canada involves specific skills such as shopping for food and household groceries and providing companionship.
Responsibilities of a house keeper
- Preparing and serving nutritious meals
- Mending clothes and linen
- Laundering clothes
- Cleaning the household and its surroundings
- Cooperating with the rest of the staff
Every job has specific requirements attached to it, and those of a housekeeper are different from those of other employment positions. The requirements for getting a job as a housekeeper are;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Professional qualification gives you a competitive edge as a cleaner.
- Applicants must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicants should have good attention to details.
- Applicants must have good organisational abilities.
- Enthusiasm for developing set skills
- Applicants must have the ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
- A degree is not needed, but applicants must know how to read and write.
The average salary for a housekeeper in Canada is between $20 and $40 per hour, and they can work up to 40 hours per week. The yearly salary ranges from $35,000 to $55,000.
Click here to apply for housekeeping jobs in Canada