Apple’s premium MacBook Pro 16 M1 Max (now $3,499.00 at Best Buy) is gorgeous. It puts high-end hardware into a thinner frame than Windows laptops with comparable performance, while still delivering record-breaking battery life.
That would be impressive enough, but Apple adds a lovely mini-LED display, a fantastic keyboard, plenty of ports, and other features. It’s difficult to come up with a reason to avoid the new MacBook Pro 16.
- Battery life is exceptional.
- Most apps are lightning quick.
- Display that is at the top of its class
- It’s a shame that Face ID isn’t available.
- Some apps aren’t optimized
The MacBook Pro 16 Max features
- Processor: M1 Max 10-Core CPU
- Graphics: M1 Max 32-Core GPU
- RAM: 32GB
- Storage: 1TB Unified Memory
- Display: 3456 x 2234 Liquid Retina XDR
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5
- Wired connectivity: 3x USB Type-C 4 / Thunderbolt 4, 1x HDMI, 1x Headphone, 1x SDcard reader, MagSafe power connector
- Webcam: 1080p
- Battery: 100 watt-hour battery
- Weight: 4.8 pounds
- Size: 14.01 x 9.77 x 0.66 inches
There are three basic MacBook Pro 16 variants available from Apple. The $2,499 base model comes with an M1 Pro processor, 16GB of RAM, and 512GB of unified memory.
The M1 Max, 32GB of RAM, and 1TB of memory cost $3,499 in this configuration.
For a maximum all-in price of $6,099. serious power users can upgrade RAM to 64GB and unified memory to 8TB.
Apple has packed a lot of performance and battery life into every inch of its MacBook Pro 16. It’s expensive, but it’s worth it.