Discord was launched in 2015 as a way for gamers to communicate with one another during game sessions. Text and voice chats are the most common uses for this platform. With the passage of time, developers continued to add new features and improve existing ones, to the point where you can now use your Discord account and voice channels to live stream your games.
In this blogpost we will be showing you how to create a discord channel:
If you don’t already have Discord, you can get it from the App Store or Google Play.
After you have installed the app on your mobile device, you can proceed to create your account and discord server.
- Open Discord
- Sign in or create a new account. Signing up is simple.
- Locate and click the plus icon in the application window’s left sidebar.
- There will be a pop-up window. It’s called ‘Create your server.’ Select the ‘Create My Own’ option.
- Discord opens a new page that asks you what purpose your newly created server serves, whether it is “for a club or community” or “for me and my friends.” There is also a “skip this question” option.
- Enter a name for your Discord server and upload an icon to get started.
- Your server will be created in a few seconds, You can find it on the left-side menu.
You can now also create a server voice channel; in fact, you don’t have to limit yourself to just one. Each of them should be dedicated to the specific topics or members you have in mind. Even if you don’t create a voice channel, any server will have a voice and a text channel with the names ‘General’ and ‘#general’.